Hiring Government Underwriter. Requirements include a thorough working knowledge of and ability to analyze credit reports, income documentation, assets, liabilities, property appraisals, and title reports, to insure loans meet company standards for sale into secondary market. Person will identify, analyze and balance transactional, borrower and property related risks and offsets to arrive at a loan decision of approval, suspense, counter offer or denial.
Review of Loan Application Package – The underwriter shall review the loan application package using verified data in the loan submission package.
Quality of the Loan – The underwriter shall ensure that the quality of loans conforms to government regulations, company standards and standards for sale to the secondary market.
Responsibilities and Duties
The underwriter will review the loan application package using verified data from the loan submission package. Evaluate the following:
- Borrower’s income relative to financial obligations
- Adequacy of the credit quality and borrower qualifications
- Sources of funds
- Security property
- Loan terms, LTV and ratios making sure they meet the program guidelines
- Run file through AUS (LP/DU/DO) when applicable
- Review application in LOS for accuracy
- Notify processor and loan officer of decision made. Approve loan in accordance with appropriate terms and conditions, counter-offers if the term does not meet company Lending’s standards and guidelines, or deny the loan
- Reviews and clears all conditions
- Maintains current knowledge of all loan products and origination requirements
- Ensures accuracy of loan disclosures and documentation
- 5+ years underwriting experience – Conventional, FHA, VA (all preferred)
- Must have DE CHUMS # from FHA
- LAPP approval from VA (Preferred)
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Proficient with DU and LP
- Familiar with MS Office
- Ability to review, analyze, and provide feedback regarding underwriting results
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision